In compliance with the decision of the Government of the Russian Federation and in order to ensure State security, protect public health and avoid further COVID-19 proliferation since March 18, 2020 Russia has restricted entry for all foreign nationals into its territory.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation the Consular Section of the Embassy of Russia in Cambodia has temporarily suspended issuing all types of visas for individuals for visiting Russia until further notice.
Nevertheless, certain categories of foreign nationals are still allowed to enter Russia, e.g.:
Who can visit Russia at the moment?
- Diplomatic missions and consular units’ staff in the Russian Federation and their family members
- International organisations staff in the Russian Federation
- Drivers of international road transport vehicles, aircraft, sea/river vessels' crew members, train crews of international railway transportation systems
- Members of official delegations
- Individuals possessing visa issued in connection with death of applicant’s immediate family member in the Russian Federation
- Nationals of the countries the Russian Federation has non-visa regime with in case petitioner’s immediate family member has diseased in the Russian Federation
- Immediate family members, legal guardians of Russian nationals given official papers proving the relationship are provided
- Russian permanent residency holders
- Foreign nationals seeking medical treatment in Russia provided they have official invitation from Russian medical institution
- Highly qualified specialists in certain fields
- Travelers in transit through air checkpoints in Russia
- Nationals and residency holders of the states Russia has resumed direct air traffic with are allowed to enter Russia given they possess a valid visa or other required travel documents and arrive in Russia directly from the country of their citizenship or current residency.
As of April 5, 2021 these countries are: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, Greece, Finland, India, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Qatar, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkey, the UAE, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Vietnam.
What is necessary to board a plane to Russia and cross its border?
Boarding a plane to Russia even if you transit through its territory and crossing the State Border of the Russian Federation foreign nationals are to provide COVID-19 negative medical certificate (in Russian or English) * issued no more than 72 hours prior to the time of arrival.
Incoming passengers are also required to present a completed Application form for those who are on flights to the Russian Federation for border crossing normally provided by flight attendants onboard.
The current COVID-19 situation in Russia you may follow here:
* it can also be submitted in the official language of the petitioner’s state of registration with translation into Russian certified by a consular unit of the Russian Federation abroad